I am very excited and happy to be your College Advisor here at Somerset Silver Palms for the 2019-2020 school year. Part of my responsibilities at this wonderful school will be to provide you and your family with the proper resources available to make wise college decisions. Some of the resources provided will include the following:
· Bringing selected college admissions officers to our campus for you to meet and gain valuable information in the application process
· Organizing a college fair on our campus for all of our students and parents
· Helping with SAT and ACT registration
· Providing timelines and information for college applications
· Providing scholarship information and opportunities
· Providing accurate information about the Bright Futures opportunities for Florida universities
· Helping with community service opportunities
· Suggestions about college essays
· Researching the best-fit college or university for you.
Updated information will be placed on our school website frequently. In addition, I will be developing a CAP newsletter each month to alert you of scholarship opportunities, college visits and tips that will help you navigate through the somewhat overwhelming college application process.